The districts of Edineț, Sîngerei, Drochia and Ungheni were the host of the 4 events organized between August 6 and 9, at the initiative of the president of the Worldwide Moldovan Business Association – Alexei Repede, within the campaign DAR – Regional Agricultural Dialogue.
The president of AOAMP invited agricultural producers to dialogue, to address the regional opportunities and risks of the agri-food sector in the Republic of Moldova, including to identify potential investment projects at the level of each region.
The DAR event held in Edineț brought together the districts of Edineț, Briceni, Ocnița and Dondușeni. The issues discussed during the dialogue between AOAMP – representatives of LPAs – and agricultural producers were related to the reduced access to the retail market, the price of the domestic product and the need to protect the producer from the Republic of Moldova. Here, there has been an increased interest in efficient association models and, in particular, in the mutual benefits. The big problem facing the farmers is, however, the mistrust of each other and implicitly, in collaboration. The mistrust is also pronounced with regard to public policies, which have no financial coverage even far according to the needs of the agri-food sector.
The DAR Sîngerei event, organized on August 7, brought agricultural producers from the districts of Sîngerei, Floresti and Soldanesti to the dialogue. Numerous issues were debated and discussed, feeling the complexity of the situation in which the farmers in the area are currently. Among the topics addressed at the meeting in Sîngerei were:
- Sustainable agriculture and the protection of natural resources and soil must become a national priority;
- Development of model households;
- The lack of a laboratory that certifies the quality of agri-food products;
- Subsidy per hectare (which is expected to be implemented only in 2020);
- Priority to the local product, when purchasing agri-food products for schools and kindergartens;
- The agriculture is done in the Republic of Moldova without insuring the risks of agricultural production, the distrust in the insurance services being caused by the advantageous conditions only for the insurer, not for the farmer.
In this context, the president of the Worldwide Moldovan Business Association, Alexei Repede, mentioned that the national policies should be oriented towards conditioning the consumption of local agri-food products and, in particular, to encourage farmers through real financing measures, that correspond to the needs of the agricultural environment.
- Vasile Luca: State Secretary of Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment, Republic of Moldova
- Alexandru Valentin Țachianu: State Secretary of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Romania
LAG* = Local Action Groups